- Sometimes luck is all you need.
- Sometimes, luck will get you through the door but skill will keep you going.
- You can’t win ’em all.
- But you should always try.
- Just because you were good once, doesn’t mean you still are.
- Keep your eye on the prize.
- Don’t be distracted by the glamour.
- You can’t hit if you don’t swing: take the chance!
- Greatness is a heritage for some and a moment for others.
- Sometimes, the job is to succeed. Sometimes, the job is just to move.
- Hurts happen.
- It’s never okay to take your frustrations out on someone else.
We spent the day with the Second Family at one the great local attractions: Frazier’s U-Pick Pumpkin Patch.
It’s refreshing because there aren’t a lot of farms in the So Cal desert. We have to drive a distance to get to the Orchards. Entering the gates at Frazier’s is like entering a different climate.
The large fields offer quite the selection of pumpkins. It’s almost like a Dr. Seuss book: Big, Small, Short, Tall, One or Many, Take Them All.
This time of year, it’s a booming business. With their amazingly … read the rest. . .
I could give you a litany of writer’s excuses… too distracted, too busy, too lazy, writer’s block, no inspiration…
I managed to aggravate my early-onset arthritis with the yard work I did on Wednesday, and as you can see, typing has been a bit difficult for me.
Tomorrow I’ll be back in business, complete with a Trekaroo review of the local Pumpkin Patch. That’s where this photo was taken years ago. It reminded me so much of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, that I had to get … read the rest. . .