It’s summer! Time to bring out the sunscreen and road maps and take a drive.
One of the most favorite drives in America is “The Mother Road”.
From Los Angeles to Chicago. And it runs right through the middle of my town.
Nearly 17 years ago, the Route 66 Museum opened in Old Town Victorville, CA. Run purely by volunteers, this great little place has a plethora of displays that send you back into an era of carefree travels, bobby-socks and malteds, and adventure.
I fell in love with this TearDrop Trailer. It’s the original RV!
Just past this display is a Diner booth and a refurbished jukebox. For a quarter, we picked three songs! Dot loves Brenda Lee so we heard “I Want to Be Wanted”. I picked Dinah Washington’s “What A Difference A Day Makes”. I don’t remember the third song we chose; but later I was bopping to Elvis and Sinatra. I was just thrilled to use the Ol’ Jukebox. What great tones old 45’s have!
I’ve recently rediscovered reruns of the the old TV Show as well. What great drama. ROUTE 66 was the first and only television fiction series that was filmed all over North America. There was this great display dedicated to the show. The photos were provided by someone associated with the show. I was a bit overwhelmed with all the details, so I neglected to get the personal information.
Of course, I was thrilled with the old communications “technology”.
1. MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment on this post: What was the best summer trip you had? This entry is mandatory. If you don’t answer this question, all other entries are void. [Canadian entries only: Since I’m opening this giveaway to my Canadian friends as well, if you live in Canada your rules state you must answer a skills test in order to enter. So if you live in Canada and want to enter, you must correctly answer this question in your mandatory comment/entry: If I start the day with ten apples and eat three, then later buy seven at the store, and the next day eat half, how many apples do I have at the end of the second day?]
2. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: You can earn up to four additional entries (for five entries total) by doing each of the following then leaving a comment here telling me you’ve done so. If you already do any of these things, that counts as an entry only if you post it in the comments. (Additional entries will be verified):
a. Follow me on Facebook and share this giveaway.
b. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway.
c. Follow me on Pinterest and pin this giveaway.
d. Share this giveaway on your own blog and leave the link in the comments below.
If you earn any additional entries, please leave a comment so I can verify.
Here’s the fine print:
SUMMER VACATION TIME: Get Your Kicks and A Route 66 Gift Pack Giveaway!
- This giveaway is solely through Molly Jo and the blog Frankly, My Dear…. There are no corporate sponsors and is in no way endorsed by any other person, business or entity.
- Persons affiliated with New Inklings Press, Frankly, My Dear…, or the Route 66 Museum in Victorville are ineligible.
- Only legal citizens of the United States and Canada aged 18 years and older are eligible to win.
- This giveaway begins at 5:30 a.m. PST on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
- Winner will be selected from all eligible comments on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 through Random.org.
- One prize pack [$20.00 value] consisting of an historic map of US Route 66, a 2013 Calendar, three postcards, a coin purse, deck of cards, and pen, plus a pamphlet and brochures about Route 66 and Hula Ville will be given. No substitutions or transfers allowed.
- Molly Jo and Frankly, My Dear… are not responsible for any damages that may occur during shipping.
- You may comment as much as you like, but any comment that does not meet the requirements will not be considered for this Giveaway.
- By leaving your comment on this post, you agree to be bound by the rules of this giveaway in their entirety.
Ready to get YOUR kicks? Enter to win with Route 66!
And Frankly, My Dear… that’s all she wrote!