I’ve heard people say things like “I don’t know how I ever got along without one for so long.” Or, “It’s so easy, so simple, so effortless.” And, “Delicious. Hearty. Healthy.”
Most of the time I chalk it up to hype. Someone, somewhere is exaggerating.
And then I bought my Aroma Houseware’s 6-Cup Rice Cooker.
It’s small. Convenient. And on a day like today when the outside temperature reached over 100 degrees, I didn’t have to turn my oven or stove on to feed my family a healthy, hearty, warm meal.
The rice comes out moist and full every time. I’ve steamed vegetables, chicken, and fish as well. The steam basket is small, allowing for just two servings of either meat or vegetables. But for those times when Dot’s out with her friends, I’m able to make a serving of each for myself.
I love that this versatile cooker lets me cook rice and steam at the same time. Or I can opt to do just one task. I also like that I can make as little as 2 cups of rice or as much as 6 cups. What’s better than fresh rice under a steamed salmon or lemon peppered vegetables? Having more for later!
The cooker/steamer averages a 20 minute wait time. It depends on what you’re preparing. The Cooker has an inner spring that, once the cooking is done, gently pushes the inner pot off the heating coils. It can keep your food warm for up to 12 hours without scorching!
It’s incredibly easy to use, clean, and store. I don’t know how I ever got along without one for so long.
And I want you to have one, too. So much so that I contacted Aroma Housewares and they agreed to sponsor this giveaway. This is a big deal. A really big deal! Because who doesn’t love giveaways? Even if you have a rice cooker, you can always use another one for those smaller servings. Or maybe you know someone getting ready to go away to college or move out on their own. It’s also a big deal, because [super shout out to Chris at Aroma Housewares], this is my very first sponsored giveaway. I couldn’t be happier that it’s for a product I really believe in.
Aroma even let me use their Green Chili Chicken & Rice recipe (it comes both on the product box and in their instruction manual).
Can’t you just smell the steamy aroma of chilies, chicken and rice? My house smelled so delicious, and the flavor did not disappoint!
We served it up with a corn tortilla and a glass of my berry-infused water. What a refreshing meal!
[The opinions in this review are my own, and not affected by any sponsor, entity or other person. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.]
And now we’ve come to the really fun part: The Giveaway!
1. MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment on this post: What do you like to serve with rice? This entry is mandatory. If you don’t answer this question, all other entries are void.
2. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: You can earn up to four additional entries (for five entries total) by doing each of the following then leaving a comment here telling me you’ve done so. If you already do any of these things, that counts as an entry only if you post it in the comments. (Additional entries will be verified):
a. Follow me on Facebook and share this giveaway.
b. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway.
c. Follow me on Pinterest and pin this giveaway.
d. Share this giveaway on your own blog and leave the link in the comments below.
BONUS ENTRIES ONLY COUNT IF YOU LEAVE A COMMENT AND I VERIFY.
Here’s the fine print:
- This giveaway is solely through Molly Jo and the blog Frankly, My Dear…. It is sponsored by Aroma Housewares. There are no other corporate sponsors. This giveaway is in no way endorsed by any other person, business or entity.
- Relatives, employees or persons affiliated with Aroma Housewares, New Inklings Press, or Frankly, My Dear… are ineligible.
- Only legal citizens of the United States aged 18 years and older are eligible to win.
- This giveaway begins at 5:30 a.m. PST on Sunday, July 22, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
- Winner will be selected from all eligible comments on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 through Random.org.
- Winner will be notified by email and will have 120 hours (five full days) from the time email is sent to respond. Should winner not respond in a timely manner, prize will subsequently be re-awarded to another Reader. Not more than three (3) subsequent winners will be picked. After that, prize will be forfeited and no winner will be chosen.
- One prize pack [$20.00 value] consisting of Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Rice Cooker [Product No. ARC-743] will be given. No substitutions or transfers allowed.
- Aroma Housewares, Molly Jo and Frankly, My Dear… are not responsible for any lost or misdirected shipments, or damages that may occur during shipping.
- You may comment as much as you like, but any comment that does not meet the requirements will not be considered for this Giveaway.
- By leaving your comment on this post, you agree to be bound by the rules of this giveaway in their entirety.
As I always like to say, Happy Eating!
And Frankly, My Dear… that’s all she wrote!