On the heels of the other post for today, the one about the negative comment, this one takes the other end of the spectrum completely:
I got this great comment from Danette Lynn at Bonbonspourlesyeux (don’t worry, I’ve never tried to pronounce it correctly, either): “Hi there. I have nominated you for the Very Inspirational Blogger award. I like your work and feel it is deserving of even more recognition. I guess the rules are, list seven things about yourself and nominate other bloggers that you feel are deserving of the award. Keep up the good work.”
Dani is a great blogger, very creative. She has her blog as listed above, and she’s also a wedding officiant and runs a blog on the stories she gets from that occupation. It’s pretty hilarious at times!
So I’m very honored to accept this award and here are my Seven Things About Me:
1. I have two and a half cats. Dot has two and a half cats. As you can hopefully surmise, the two halves make a whole whom we share.
2. I have never wanted to be anything other than a writer. There have been times when I’ve wanted other careers, or wanted new experiences, but only so that I could write a best seller about them.
3. My mom is my best friend who I’m related to.
4. My best friend that I’m not related to is very much like my mom. And she tells me I’m very much like her mom. And our daughters are very similar as well. We were all made to be friends. Together. It’s one of the most amazing friendships I’ve ever had.
5. I wish I could dance. Really dance, like in the Step Up movies that Dot loves so much.
6. I could have been a great opera singer, but I have stage fright and choke when anyone looks at me.
7. I ramble. A lot. I make much more sense in writing than when I’m speaking. It is by the grace of God that my family and friends can interpret what I say on a regular basis.
And now for my nominations for the blogs that inspire me:
1. … so this is love … by Casey and Jenn.
2. Doodles and Jots by Ann.
3. Quiet MOM-ents and MOM-enclature, both by Andrea.
4. Frommyheart2urs by Ariel.
5. A Divine Walk by Charlene, who also runs The Babbling Baby.
They really do inspire me. And I hope they do the same for you.