Two weeks ago, Melanie Crutchfield challenged bloggers to post about Hope and link it to her Hope Relay 2012. As promised, she followed up with her own Closing Ceremony, honoring the many different definitions, views, and routes we each have to achieving hope. You can read her compilation, along with links to all contributors, here.
At the time, my offering was just being okay with what is. Sometimes, there’s hope in the unchanging. Sometimes, it’s okay to just be okay. Melanie inspired me to really reach forward. To create and keep creating that which goes beyond myself. To hope for something more.
And I do. I’ve tried to lose faith. I’ve wanted to give up, to not get back up again. I’ve wanted to pull the blankets up and the blinds down and stay in the darkness.
I’m tethered to hope as my life is tethered to breathing. I can not exist without it. And because of it, I’m learning to take each day as it comes. The little upsets. The big turns. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Hope is a beautiful word. And it’s my Word of the Week. What’s yours?
And Frankly, My Dear… that’s all she wrote!
What’s the Word?” Wednesdays is a link-up that allows other bloggers and readers to share whatever they want to talk about.
Think of it as a virtual coffee date with some great friends.
What’s going on in your world? Tell us all about it!
A few things to remember:
- Each week’s link-up is valid from Wednesday through the following Tuesday. So if you link a post today, you can still come back and link another post tomorrow! In fact, you can link up as many posts as you want.
- If you add a link, please put the badge on your post as well.
- Each week has a new link-up. Please make sure you grab the correct Badge Code.
- Be sure to check out what others are posting, and even leave a few comments.
- You can now show your “likes” by voting for your favorite links.
So, c’mon. Join the conversation. After all, a great coffee date is one where everyone gets to chat, dontcha think?