Last month we discussed some things people do on social media that can sting. [Read: Social Media Buzz: Don’t Bee That Person.]
In this post you’ll find some subtle yet sweet behaviors that will keep your Swarm buzzing and building.
Being a ninja involves skill and knowledge, and the ability to fuse them cohesively. Sort of like bees in a hive, right?
I love being a Ninja Bee and helping others use their social media secrets to grow their online community.
Here’s a little honey to share, some tips on the fly that can help draw people into your hive and create some positive buzz for your and your books.
- Use your (key) words. Ask yourself: Who will my audience be? When you post online, direct some of the conversation to their attention. Writing a cookbook? Use #recipe. Quote a sentence or two from your manuscripts or reference a character trait. Your hive will fly to your side and bring friends with them.
- Connection is a two-way conduit. The Three R’s: Reach, Respond, Reply. Whether it’s a like, share, or comment, your swarm is more likely to help create a buzz if they know they’re appreciated. Keep the honey flowing.
- Forget you’re a writer who needs readers. You are also a person, pet owner, coffee drinker, snowboarder, checkers champion. Whatever other things that go into making you you, don’t forget that your readers are also multifaceted. An honest online relationship is more than just marketing. Share those bits and bites of your life, and the next time one of your bees posts about their day, simply support them. They’ll think of you sweetly.
- Share the sweet struggles. Writing isn’t always easy. Take your swarm on the journey with you. It’s okay to admit writer’s block or a belligerent character. Those behind-the-scenes moments are the extras readers like to experience with you. Just make sure you put your stinger away when venting.
- Share the sweetness. Writing is a beautiful adventure. Give your swarm a reason to spread the buzz and share the honey. Offer freebies and discounts on your books. Swarm Swag like bookmarks and free downloads are terrific gifts to say thanks to those hard worker bees who spread the word for you.
Remember, your hive is built with community.
With some sweet tea and a big smile,
~ Happy writing and keep on Buzzing.
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!