by Molly Jo Realy @MollyJoRealy
So, I know the blog’s been a little eclectic lately. A bit of this, a touch of that. A few guest posts. But that’s just like life, isn’t it? I mean, are all your shirts blue? Do you only ever eat eggs for breakfast? Do you never hang out with different people?
I think not.
And that’s why this blog is a li’l bit of everything me and you.
Today’s Five Things Friday is the essential foundation of Frankly, My Dear . . . These five tenets are what FMD is built on. And just like a recipe or a closet, they’re made to mix-and-match. One wouldn’t be without the others. That’s why there are contributing writers, and many readers. We just blend together, dare I say it, like sweet and tea. And Frankly, My Dear . . . I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Frankly. Okay, Yes. It’s Southern. Yes, it’s Gone With the Wind. Yes, it’s, well, in a polite way, my way of saying I’m gonna be who I am and while I respect all y’all’s opinions, I’m gonna say it like it is. I hope that’s okay with you. And since the blog’s been around for a few years and is growing, I’m gonna assume it is.
- Faith. This is a biggie. I can say with certainty I would not be here without God and the peeps He’s placed around me. Y’all are my strength, my source of encouragement, my sounding boards. And I pray each day that I’m able to give as much back to you as you give to me. There’s such beauty seeing God at work in and around me, and I long to share it with each of you.
- Family. Whether it’s blood family, God’s family, or my writing family, I’m blessed by every one of you. Family are the ones who see your inner beauty when it doesn’t show. The ones who talk you off the ledge. The ones who let you tether yourself to them for strength and guidance. And they’re the ones who laugh and cry with you no matter what, no matter when. Just because you’re family.
- Food. There’s nothing better for me than feeding my people, and feeding them well. Food, drink, snacks, desserts. Doesn’t matter. The kitchen is my second favorite creative place and I relish making recipes. Heh heh. I said relish. But seriously. Food is more than essential. It’s a beautiful necessity. And I love sharing it with you.
- Fun. This is the “everything else” category: Writing, crafting, travel, reading, DIY, home improvement, Happy Planning. And coffee. These are the things that make us happy individually and collectively. These are the seasonings to life.
What are your favorite parts of life?
TWEET THIS: Five Things Friday: Frankly Faith, Family, Food, and Fun @RealMojo68 #5TF #fivethingsfriday #franklymydear
With open arms and a happy dance,
Happy Living, y’all!
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!
At the moment? And this is probably just my hungry stomach talking… chocolate.
William Kendall recently posted..Colours
Mmm. Chocolate. Good any time of day, for any reason.
Molly Jo Realy recently posted..Five Things Friday: Frankly Faith, Family, Food, and Fun