by Molly Jo Realy @MollyJoRealy
Let’s just start by agreeing any celebration that includes coffee is awesome, am I right? I mean, I celebrate every day with coffee. But to actually have an official reason? Have mercy!
I’m an experiential person. That means I don’t just go through life, I live it. Fully, wonderfully, scarefully (is that even a word?). I feel it, my body absorbs it, my mind is constantly processing and connecting dots. And, yes. Sometimes making up the dots to connect.
But coffee. It’s just perfect. In celebration of National Coffee Day, here are some great non-coffee related dots that you’ll soon connect.
- Movies. Say, what-what? you ask. What do movies have to do with coffee? Well, there are a few great movies that feature coffee. Let’s take Breakfast at Tiffany’s to start. That iconic pose of Holly Golightly with her croissant and coffee cup in front of the 5th Avenue store. You know what I’m talking about. Can you get through a TV sitcom or cop drama without the characters having at least one cup o’ joe? I think not. But more importantly: why would you watch such a show?
- Jack Johnson. The surfer-turned-singer. Not everyone’s heard of him. But he’s got some pretty catchy tunes. His album, As I Was Saying, has more than a few songs on it that have inspired some of my writing. Plus, it’s pretty good driving-with-the-windows-down tunes.
- Food. What’s that? Did I just hear you groan, “Duh.”? Well. For your information, I don’t mean coffee goes with food. I mean, coffee in the food. That’s right. Who can forget my awesomely flavorful smokey paprika rub? Let me tell you, chicken never tasted so great.
- Laughter. It’s aerobic, yes? What’s better than circling the table with friends and family, pouring a hot one, and sharing life’s moments. We were meant for community coffee moments.
- Me-Time. And by Me-Time, I mean You-Time. Or, really, Anyone-and-Everyone-Time. Coffee is your five-minute-break time. Your I-need-to-get-things-done time. Your life-is-good-let’s-take-a-breath time. It’s pretty much the I-don’t-need-a-reason-for-it beverage. And that just makes it all the more better. Yes?
How will you celebrate National Coffee Day?
With a hot coffee and another hot coffee,
Plus one for you.
Happy Coffee Day!
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!