by Molly Jo Realy @RealMojo68
It happened again. I’m in the middle of doing my other nine thousand things to do, when I realize I’ve yet to write today’s blog post. Well, nothing like waiting til the eleventh hour. Literally.
So, in order to get this done in time to still rightfully claim I wrote a blog post today (Friday), I give you Five Things Friday, The Late Night Edition.
- I love cleaning my house on Friday nights. I know I’m a bit weird that way. But I’ve always loved having all the lights on as I move from room to room and dust, sweep, mop, freshen. Also because then the rest of the weekend belongs to me, and only eight-thousand-ninety-nine things on the To Do list.
- TV. I can crank up the Pandora tunes, put on an old DVD, or watch any show I want. There’s something about starting a binge-watch when you know you still have close to 48 hours to see more. It’s not always a bad thing, staying up til daybreak.
- It’s a time to relax. Even when I have something to do the next day (which is like, almost always) I can still chill on a Friday night with a nice drink and dinner, or cat cuddles and Candy Crush.
- It’s usually open. Because I rarely make plans for a Friday night, I’m available to do whatever I want on a Friday night. Friends call for coffee? Yup. Wanna movie date? I’m your girl. Or, see Items 1, 2, and 3 above.
- It’s Alpha and Omega. The end of the work week (usually) and beginning of the weekend. It gives me that down-time I need to focus and prep for the next week.
And, bonus item: It gives me that last-minute opportunity to do stuff like, oh I dunno. Write a blog post I almost forgot to write.
As long as I’m here, I think I’ll key in tomorrow’s post. Hey, it’s only thirty minutes away . . .
With a stopwatch and strong coffee,
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!