by Molly Jo Realy @MollyJoRealy
It’s never too soon to have an actual plan for your social media. [Says This Girl who has forgotten to write her blog posts til it’s almost bedtime.] So we’ll just call this part of our “Do I Say, Not As I Do” series, yah? #thankyouverymuch.
I recently shared ideas on daily planning. [Read: Planning is Key.] But what about those special projects like book launches or grand opening parties?
Here are a few ideas to keep you on track. [Note to self: Implement more, implement regularly. Just implement.]
- Keep a calendar available and make note of important dates:
- Make a list of what you’d like to accomplish. What is your goal for this project, and what steps can take you there? For instance, a successful book launch party includes Author Q&A, trivia with prizes, and perhaps a live reading from the new book. You should map out a time of the event, list the answers, and photograph your prizes ahead of time.
- Invite, invite, invite. Remember 3 is The Key? Here’s the same theory. Announce your shindig. Remind people. Toss out one more friendly “hey are you coming?” notice.
- Work backwards. That is, set the date and from there set up your To Do’s.
- Let’s say your Twitter Party is on July 4th. You can’t always buy red, white, and blue decor in February, so make sure you remember to look over the discount sales after Memorial Day.
- Hosting a live event? What will you serve? If you’re preparing the foods yourself, you’ll need time to buy the groceries, cook, and set things out. Make a grocery list and check it twice! You don’t want to run out of Bleu Cheese dressing for your ahh-mazing salads, right?
- Get a few eyes on the project.
- Ask a trusted friend or colleague to review your plan with you and help fill in some gaps.
- Google party plans and check for ideas to add.
If you have projects happening in the New Year, are you already planning for them? If so, how?
Share your project planning ideas in the comments!
TWEET THIS: Social Media Saturday: Plan Now to Start Later @RealMojo68 #socialmedia #planner
With an erasable pen and an open Happy Planner,
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!
Right now I’m just trying to get through the month, let alone think of January! It’s hectic at present.