by Molly Jo Realy @MollyJoRealy
Last week was our first taste of autumn here in the desert. Once the high temp doesn’t get above 80, it’s time to break out those winter coats. Okay, maybe not for the rest of the country, but here we celebrate the cool breeze and the ability to not sweat off ten pounds just by putting on a jacket.
Of course, something I love all year ’round are soups and slow cookers. And when the two combine, oi vey! Look out tastebuds!
Today’s recipe brings the tangy yet sweet flavors of pumpkin and cream together with spices for an amazing blend that will delight you.
Frankly, My Dear . . . Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Recipe: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
- 28-30 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 TBS pumpkin spices
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBS turmeric
- 1/2 TBS ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parsley for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except whipping cream and parsley into slow cooker.
- Cook on medium for approximately three hours. Stir thoroughly. Cook for another hour.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add whipping cream.
- Puree soup in blender. It's best to do this two cups at a time.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
(c) 2012 Frankly, My Dear... New Inklings Press
This autumn delight can be served hot or cold, so enjoy it however you like.
TWEET THIS: It’s never too early for slow cooker pumpkin soup. @RealMojo68 #pumpkinsoup #autumn
With autumn spices and a big spoon,
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!