My Baked Frittata is one of my most popular recipes. It’s my favorite quick Go-To Combo, and my best lazy weekend morning treat. It’s never the same twice, and that’s just how I like it!
Baked Frittata Italian Style
Easily altered to suit your Mom’s flavor buds, this dish offers an incredibly delicious dining experience whether you’re making it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Start with a basic mixture of eggs, milk and cheese, then add your own preferred additions to truly make it your own one-of-a-kind creation. For Mother’s Day, I chose ingredients sure to please her pallet: mini pepperonis, diced onion, mushroom, seasoned tomatoes and a shredded cheese blend. You can add finely chopped herbs and seasonings, green peppers and other vegetables… whatever your Mom’s heart desires.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni (or other diced meat)
- 1 can diced, seasoned tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, cut
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- seasonings (Italian mix, basil, garlic salt)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scramble eggs in bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spray 9 x 9 inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour mix into baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes, until eggs are cooked and edges are slightly browned.
- Serve big or small portions.
- Top with a dollop of marinara sauce.
(c) 2012 Frankly, My Dear... New Inklings Press
Doesn’t that look delicious?
Serve with a cup of coffee or juice, and make your Mother’s Day complete!
You can find this and other easy, inexpensive recipes in THE UNEMPLOYMENT COOKBOOK, SECOND EDITION, available through New Inklings Press.
And Frankly, My Dear… that’s all she wrote!
This post is my contribution to NerdWallet’s ‘Mother’s Day Your Way Contest’. Click on the graphic to visit their website and see contributions from other bloggers celebrating Moms in their own way!