I love blogging. I love sharing my little bits and pieces of the world with you. And I love reading other blogs, too.
Today’s Five Things Friday is about some of my favorite blogs.
1. To start with, today I’m the featured guest blogger over at Things They Can’t Say.
So click on the badge to read how I’m not ready to be an empty-nester. It was a hard post for me to write, because I wanted to get it just right. I’m still not sure anyone else will cry when they read it, but maybe if Dot reads it, she’ll understand just how hard it is to let go sometimes.
2. Lily Don’t Blog. A few days ago, my friend “Lily” had something to say about a pretty horrific news story. After I shared it on What’s the Word? Wednesday, she told me she had a whole lot more to say. So we set up a blog for her. Now and then I’ll cross-link, but you may just want to follow her on your own. She’s going to get real, sometimes, and other times fly with the fire-breathing dragons. You won’t want to miss her adventures.
3. Aaron Gansky. He was the first guest blogger on my redux of What’s the Word? Wednesdays. He’s my writing mentor. And he’s teaching me about Magic: The Gathering. If you follow either of us on Facebook or twitter, you’ll often see #gameongansky as our way of keeping each other accountable in the writing world. His blog has all his social media links, Firsts in Fiction podcasts, and some amazing advice on how to be a better writer.
4. BlogHer. This is sort of a cheater item, because while I love the BlogHer website, it’s what led me to so many other great bloggers like Jennifer at …so this is love…, Winnie at Winnie’s Inky Fingers and Larissa at Papa Is a Preacher. It’s hard to choose just five blogs to tell you about, but if you love blog writing and reading, I highly recommend BlogHer as your go-to reference.
5. Alton Gansky, not to be confused with Aaron, above. Al’s blog and website are just as useful as his son’s but for other reasons. Al is the director of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference that I’ve mentioned before. His blog contains useful writing tips as well as Conference updates. Plus, he’s published over forty titles. He’s worth paying attention to.
And those are my Five Things Friday for today. Happy blogging!
And Frankly, My Dear . . . that’s all she wrote!