1. Colored lights are beautiful no matter what time of year it is.
2. Christmas is December 25, the Christmas Season runs from Labor Day through a week after New Year’s Day; with a few other holidays mixed in as well.
3. Being vocal about a Christmas wishlist can be really beneficial.
4. It is better to give; but it’s oh-so-fun to receive.
5. I like putting effort into making holiday treats: baking cookies, crafting gifts.
6. Books make the best gifts.
7. Nutcrackers make the best guardians.
8. Christmas colors are red, green, and white.
9. Holiday colors are silver, gold, and blue.
10. Cats like to climb trees, even the fake ones.
11. There’s a Keurig for every moment.
12. “It’s a Wonderful Life” is a year-round lesson.
13. “Miracle on 34th Street” is a year-round wish.
14. Family memories mean more when they’re wrapped in pretty packages.
15. The internet and phone are not replacements for absent family, but they help.
16. Santa may or may not be real. The Holiday Spirit always is.
17. Ham and potato salad will always be the best Christmas meal at our house.
18. It doesn’t have to be cold and snowy to be Christmas, but it helps.
19. January 1st is a great day to experiment with new recipes.
20. Resolutions are made to be broken.
21. The New Year offers a clean slate. Keep only what you want. Wipe the rest away. Add to your foundation. Turn the page. Start over.
22. If you’re alive, you have a purpose. Find it. Reach for it. Achieve it. Share it.
And Frankly, My Dear… that’s all she wrote!