A neat little trick I’ve picked up from other blogs is, when you don’t have much to say, say EVERYTHING. These posts come in the forms of Stream of Consciousness, ABC Characteristics, musings on other people’s writings, and linking up to other blogs to share their topic.
I was inspired by several blogs recently to list 25 fun facts about myself, which you may or may not already know. And since I’ve got a lot on my plate today and don’t have a lot of time to concentrate on a deep, thoughtful, inspired post… you get this instead! Lucky you!
Ready? Here’s the Real Me:
1. I eat peanut-butter-and-pickle sandwiches, and on toast.
2. I love popcorn. I eat it atleast 3 times a week, and for months on end can eat it every day.
3. I’ve only been without a cat for the first seven years of my life, and a short five years when my daughter was first born.
4. My favorite TV shows are “Flashpoint”, “West Wing”, “NCIS” and “Riptide”. From the 80’s. Don’t ask me why. I just love it.
5. I’m a great writer, but I often stumble, stutter, or just talk like an idiot when I open my mouth.
6. When Dot was young, I had her convinced that I had married the Harrison Ford when she was away on a vacation. It helped that an old friend actually had seen him around town, which made my story more plausible.
7. When I get really sick, I absolutely crave mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC.
8. Before I get really sick, I get really emotional.
9. In high school, I really wanted to marry into the Italian Mafia.
10. I have a really hard time keeping houseplants alive. Except cactus. But that’s ‘cuz those are my daughter’s and she cares for them.
11. My favorite color to look at is green.
12. My favorite color to wear is red.
13. I’ve never baked a cake in my life. Cookies, yes. Cupcakes, yes. Treats, candies, chocolates: yes, yes, and yes. But never a cake.
14. I have a poor memory. So much so that I should make notes of things like “Buy milk” and “Brother’s in a meeting today, don’t call.”
15. As much as I love writing, I don’t make memos. So I forget to buy milk, and I often interrupt my brother at work.
16. I never liked dolls.
17. I love stuffed animals. In particular, cats, frogs, bears, otters, and Eeyore.
18. I was published in Highlights Magazine in sixth grade.
19. I like writing and speaking in “Old English” and with great introductions.
20. I buy a lottery ticket every week.
21. If you hold a book up to a mirror, I can read it with little difficulty.
22. I can write backwards – from right to left.
23. I’ve met several famous people just by being in the right place at the right time. I once literally ran into Andre Rieu in Las Vegas, but didn’t know who he was until I saw his televised PBS special a year later. I felt like an idiot for complaining about “that man with the long hair”.
24. I have really good karma/luck most of the time. I win things a lot. Except the lottery. So far.
25. I’ve been in 10 car accidents (never my fault!), and also hit once as a pedestrian while walking home from high school.
And that is my useless list of 25 Friday Fun Facts. How about you?
And Frankly, My Dear… that’s all she wrote!