by Molly Jo Realy @RealMojo68
Forty-eight hours ago our weather shifted. The California desert went from 93 and sunny to overcast and windy. Thursday brought winds and cooler temps and, now don’t quote me, but I’m almost certain I heard that midnight carnival train in the distance.
Yup. Autumn is almost upon us.
But wait!, you say. It’s technically still summer! And so it is. At least for one more week.
Here are few ways to celebrate the end of the season:
- Host a BBQ potluck. Have your friends, family, and neighbors over. They bring the meat, you bring the grill. After all, food is the answer to
- Stay out late. Okay, in my neck of the we-don’t-have-trees woods, being out after dark isn’t always a barrel of fun. But getting a carload of peeps to go cruising to the local park, sit on a picnic bench and watch the evening stars shoot overhead? That’s some magic right there.
- Clean the house. What?! you say. How can that be fun?! Oh, come on. You know that awesome I-can-breathe-better feeling when the clutter is gone. Am I right? So grab a few boxes and bags and organize those closets. Do it now before the holidays fill your schedule and you’re pulling out flip flops where the scarves should be.
- Go somewhere fun. Take a short drive to the beach. Walk the sidewalk. Make a day out of running errands. Find a reason to enjoy the sunshine, before there’s less of it to enjoy.
- Buy a Pumpkin Spice Latte. ‘Nuff said.
And now I want to hear from you. What are some of the things you do to wind down summer?
With a shooting star and Venti coffee,
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!