I am really excited to share this recipe. Yes, it was posted a few weeks ago, but this time, this time, I used the ZipList plug-in. As I recently mentioned, this gives me the ability to streamline my recipes. And gives you the ability to create your own on-line recipe box.
So have fun. Have a cookie. It’s a real gem!
- 1 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup small gumdrops, sliced (don’t use black)
- Thoroughly cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Gradually stir into creamed mixture; mix well.
- Shape dough into roll 2″ in diameter x 12″ long. Wrap in wax paper, chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut 1/4-inch thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate tops with gumdrop slices.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Makes approximately 4 dozen.
(c) 2012 Frankly, My Dear... New Inklings Press