by Molly Jo Realy @RealMojo68
[Originally posted July 4, 2013]
For you new followers out there, thanks! This repost from a few years ago is still quite popular, and I didn’t want you to feel left out.
What better way to celebrate a birthday than with delicious cupcakes? And what better celebration than the birth of our nation?
I wanted to do something fun for the Fourth of July that would inspire you into your own kitchen with a touch of creativity.
Looks great, right? You ain’t seen nothin’ yet! And the recipe? Easy-peasy.
But first, take a look at these mouth-watering photos:
Freedom Cupcakes with Flag
Hooray for the Red, White and Blue!
Look at those layers!
Independence Day Cupcakes
This festive Fourth of July cupcake is sure to please everyone from young to old.
- White cake mix from a box
- 1 1/4 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- Red and blue food coloring
- Prepare a white cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide uncooked batter into three equal parts.
- Set aside the white batter.
- Mix blue food coloring into the second batter.
- Mix red food coloring into the third batter.
- Line a cupcake pan with red, white, and blue cupcake liners.
- Drop one large spoonful of blue batter into each liner.
- Using a clean spoon, drop one large spoonful of white batter onto the blue.
- With another clean spoon, drop one large spoonful of red batter onto the white.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool completely. Top with white frosting, then add red and blue sprinkles.
- Decorate with a small flag.
(c) 2012 Frankly, My Dear... New Inklings Press
She’s a Grand Ol’ Flag!
And for a little more fun with your food, try these!
Patriotic Fruit Kabobs
Longer drink umbrellas, drink stir-sticks, or these cute pinwheels work great with this refreshing treat for the kid in all of us.
Carefully place foods onto the skewer.
I used a flavorful blend of red raspberries, white mini marshmallows, and blueberries.
Leave enough of a tip for the skewer to be “stuck” into a base before serving.
Serve with a small cup of whipped topping for dipping.
After you’ve enjoyed the food, you can add more or just play with the pinwheel!
CLICK TO TWEET: Frankly, My Dear . . .: Freedom Cupcakes and Patriotic Kabobs. @RealMojo68 #franklymydearmojo #freedom #food
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!