by Molly Jo Realy @MollyJoRealy
I know. You’re thinking, what the heck? A recipe for sauce? That’s just . . . lame. Or something. I mean, all you do is open a jar. Am I right? That’s all there is to it.
But it’s not. Trust me.
A few blog posts ago [translate: years], I shared my recipes for infused olive oil and polenta. But I never shared the awesome sauce that goes with it.
Y’all ready for this?
Now, this is a post for pasta sauce, but let’s recap the food it covers.
- Pasta: Boil the water and a dash or two of olive oil. Add the pasta. Boil 8-10 minutes or until al dente. That means until it doesn’t stick to each other, but it also isn’t limp like a piece of cereal left in milk for more than a few minutes.
- Polenta: So, first, ya wanna take your infused olive oil and heat it in a covered skillet until it’s “ouch” ready. That means for goodness sake, be careful when you lift the lid and don’t touch it! Slice the polenta into coins and fry for 6-7 minutes until golden and crispy. The longer the fry, the better the crunch. Capice?
Okay. Got your base food ready? Let’s make some sauce!
- 1 large jar pasta sauce. I like Newman's Own Sockarooni as a good starter.
- 1 small can diced tomatoes. If seasoned, use garlic, oregano or other Italian flavors.
- 1/2 clove garlic, pressed like a good Italian should do.
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, you guessed it- diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms. No, not diced. Sliced or pieces. Okay. I guess that means diced.
- 1/2 cup red wine.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Heat thoroughly. [Note: the flavors are better if you let sit in a slow cooker for about two hours, stirring occasionally.]
- Serve on pasta or polenta.
- Or just eat with a large spoon.
That’s it. Easy-peasy. And the clean up? Fuggedaboutit. [That means hakuna matata, no worries.]
How do you serve your sauce?
TWEET THIS: The Best Pasta Sauce Recipe. Period. @RealMojo68 #recipe #Italian #sauce #foodie
With a big fork and lot of garlic,
And Frankly, My Dear . . . That’s all she wrote!
William Kendall recently posted..Return To Strathcona Park
It’s pretty fabulous.
Molly Jo Realy recently posted..Social Media Saturday: Now Serving with Flavor